Finding It-666: the Beast
From all of Raphael’s Angels, Asha is one with a very kind heart and the patience of a true Angel. He will take the time to explain things to the lay human without being ordered to do so. He will offer his shoulders without being asked. Known as the ‘Philosopher’, he has a calm, poised and understanding attitude about him.
That extremely well educated bouncer of an Angel, with affable polite manners, takes his seat at Wrath’s table along with Azryel. Which is all the better, for between the hot headed Archangel and the cold blooded Death Angel, his warm heart brings the temperature of the room or conversation down or up to the right level.
Seasoned warrior, reliable soldier, intelligent mind and a kind heart are the stamps on his Angelic passport which made him reach the honour to eat and serve at the table of Raphael, like Azryel does. There is a little more than that, he makes it into the big league fighting wise. He bestows the recognition of Wrath and Az.
We do not know how long it took him to achieve that status, yet what we do know is that Asha is a character full of wisdom acquired along his eternal angelic path. He is well regarded and appreciated by his peers.
Not only that his general, Azryel, himself would mourn him endlessly if that particular Angel lost his life. Death is fond of that invaluable soldier and most descent Angel. The way, that proves he does so, is by his severity and extreme scrutiny towards Asha. This is one Angel, Az would protect the soul of, from any silly mistakes that could cost him his wings.
The best sign of the high esteem the Death Angel regards Asha, is that when Ash proposed to him his friendship at the same time of Raphael, Az accepts Asha’s one straight away while putting the other one’s request under consideration. Although in that scene, Azryel plays a bit like a neglected diva on the mind of Archangel Raphael with the definite intention to make Wrath feels bad, he honestly and earnestly welcome the friendship offer of Asha readily, not to prove a point to Raphael and square any petty feud the two constantly have, but because Az is much honoured that such a good soul and descent Angel such as Ash would appreciate his own partly damned and fearsome soul’s friendship.
The fact that Asha knows deep down why Azryel behaves like he does and understands the strong life saving principles behind him shows his up-most comprehension of the Death Angel. Asha also words his understanding out loud, which makes a hell of an Angel, like Death, feels that his tough devotion to his Army is definitely not lost on that soldier. It’s just reassuringly comforting to know that someone understands you fully. To bestow that person as a friend is a treasure.
The character of Asha is the one of the best friend which will forgive you, stand by you, know where you came from in every aspect all along. You just want to hug Asha, pat his back, or just sit by him and listen to what he has to say. He is one which can teach any about life in a simple manner without arrogant Angelic ways.
We meet this Character many times throughout the saga as he is a main Angel and Soldier of the Angelic Army. I like Asha for his ability to convey to every reader the nitty gritty part of what it feels like to be part of Wrath’s Army.
His first name was chosen for two reasons: ‘Asha is a Zoroastrian concept of “truth and order”’. I am not a Zoroastrian or belonging to any faith for that matter apart for the one of the human heart, one that dares to be a human above all, which means to simply love, love all.
‘Ash’, as in his nickname, is also a real person, someone who would not let a stone unturned when a friend of his was victim of racism. Asking for my help and words, he got them, if a letter can make things right, I am mouthy enough to spell out when someone has been wronged. The outcome was happy tidings. Nastiness came to a stop.
Ash is that righteous person which is the true friend that will stand for his friends’s sake.
Asha will also spells the right blunt truth and tells you, how bleak or good it is at that moment in time. Like if you went dipping your human toe in the ocean, that Angel will warn you of how rough or cold it is, before you go in there.
Let’s meet Asha in quotes:
She saw the man walking faster, depriving her of a chance to apologise. She mumbled for herself, half pestering, -I am no racist, for Christ's sake, I am black like you, man.
One bouncer behind her, replied to her in a philosophical manner while carrying his load of the wrapped Bud with others,
-Racism is as widely spread as the colour of the rainbow, unfortunately, it reaches any skin tones you can imagine. It is actually a prejudice to believe that a white would be more racist than you on account to his skin colour. Like the rest of us, the poor bugger didn't get to choose his/her parents and his/her receiving culture at birth. Now righteousness, love, fraternity and open mind is a culture of the heart available to all to transcend and go beyond their disparities and differences. The question anyone should ask themselves is if they did create boundaries in the landscape of their hearts, like humans created boundaries all over Earth, making it a dis-figuration, a war-zone doing so. For in reality there are no boundaries. You can cross a river, a sea, an ocean, a mountain range, a desert, and find your perfect home beyond them. For all you know Mademoiselle Caroline, the ancestral genes of his grand mother might be linked to yours, with all your due respect. Have you ever read Cavalli-Sforza? I highly recommend it. It is a sword through the dragon of racism.
(Verse 20: Uncle Raphael: Who’s the Daddy?)
He presented her his arm again, and invited her to follow him, -I have been told to show you to your room. You will be able to retrieve yourself a little in there. The dinner will be ready in an hour and a half. You can have a good shower in the meantime, but Azryel recommended me to run the Jacuzzi instead for you, on sea mode, with Dead sea salt, lavender and rosemary essence to restore your tired muscles. Forty-five minute to one hour minimum in it, will manage to relax your strained mind from all the events of today and yesterday, he said. He has no doubt that with a good hearty meal, you will manage to sleep like a baby tonight, especially if you tell all to your uncle without reservation, as it will bring you peace of mind too.
Caroline got up and taking the arm most willingly confided,
-I must admit that what he says sounds good and that for once I might just do as I am told. That was kind of him now, wasn't it? I am sure he cannot be that unforgiving.
Asha gave a sad smile, as he confided,
-And you would be wrong, Miss Caroline. Azryel has an acute knowledge of bodies. When he helped you from your fainting spell, he assessed yours. He knows exactly how to make them, and how to restore them, in a very frightening manner. However even if his cold advice is always devoid of kindness and feelings, sound it remains and to do as he says always goes a long way, especially if we don't want to see him across our paths.
(Verse 21: Tell me all abut It)
Raphael looked upon him, his face saddened, and confessed, -They were, Az. Dished out shame by a human at breakfast is rare. After our meeting and your subsequent scolding of Ash, you disappeared all morning, Death, preferring the company of a dog to mine. I would not and can't have you stirred beyond belief by words.
Asha corrected him, putting his breakfast before Raphael,
-Not words, promises, bonds that links one heart to another, a vow of care, friendship is all about caring, and feelings. You care how I feel, and I care how you feel. It is simple and beautiful. Denying it to one of us is atrocious. The mere fact that Death is a feeling Being should have granted him our consideration of friendship at some point in time, and the human is right about that. I know I wouldn't be corrected so much by Az if he didn't give a fuck about me making it fights after fights. My friendship is granted to him even if he dismisses it. Mademoiselle Caroline, what would you have for breakfast after your uncle Raphael's smile, because I can assure you that it is definitely gone and replaced by serious concern?
(Verse 24: Helios, Heli-cop-ters, Hell and I)
The Compendium of Characters
- Book Dedication
- This comprehensive nomenclature will be ordered by the chronology of the published books and within it by the alphabetical order of the characters. Following the ‘Who’s Who’ of characters, you will find a ‘What’s what’ section, a list of created or combined words with their meanings. There are a fair few occasions where I applied this poetic license to fit closely to the heartbeat of the story or a particular individual within it. The last sections are the peep-holes to the future publications relating to those stories, spin-offs, prequels or next instalments to look forward to. It will offer the tangible glimpse of what is coming next or what happened before.
- Published the 21st of October 2014, this short story was born like many of my stories within the midst of a nightmare. I remember still vividly hearing some chilling noises, some eerie music, sad laughter, stuck in the darkness of a long box. I pushed the door open to realise that I was in my coffin. A cowardly glance outside revealed a hilly cemetery, a moonlight night and other corpses rising from their graves, some dragging others to do so. I was freaked enough at the sight to lay back in the safe darkness, thinking that it must be a bad dream and that it will all pass. But someone saw me, someone recognised me, called my name out loud and opened my coffin lid wide open. In front of that half decomposed cadaver, my heart seemed to fail to beat any longer. I closed my eyes of fright and I woke up in my bed safe and well. I was not exposed in a coffin, exhibited to other dead people, I was in my bedroom with for only witness, my black cat Mystic blinking her yellow eyes at me peacefully from the other pillow.
- It-666’s story can not be told in one sentence not even in one book. It has a fateful spin to it which will last for as long as it is meant to last. It is determined.
- The ex-wife of Walter Workmaster is the human and younger sister of the incarnated Gabriel Purallee and the mother of the incarnated Michael. In Angelic terms, she is a very special person chosen to carry one or more Angels back to their incarnated form. Did she knew about it? She had no clue at all. She had no conception that her son, brother and uncle are Archangels until she stumbles upon an Angelic meeting led by Raphael at his AA club in the middle of the night.
- We meet ‘It’ at the start of the saga, aged 16, in an appalling state. Kept in a cage, starved, tortured, left in her own mess, the teenager has only one wish, the one of dying. Representing all we fear, the incarnated Beast, is a young distressed Being. She had far from the most enjoyable start in life.
- Gabriel plays a very important character in the saga. We meet him in the first book as incarnated Doctor Gabriel Purallee. Strangely enough that ambivalent Angel is the one that all turns to for some sort of stability. His clinic and his house serve as a refuge, the safe haven where one can hide to stay alive.
- We meet Michael, age eight, called Micky by all. This important Archangel has only recently incarnated once more and his human childhood makes him be temporally at a vulnerable stage. However he was given parents of choice in Walter and Caroline. Both are nurturing and loving him to bits. Like the Beast, this character is at an early stage at the start of the saga. Unlike her, he was provided with a loving childhood, which makes him a very happy, bouncy kid Being. He has bags of tenderness for everyone which he wears on his sleeve. From his currant human parents, he gathers that loving understanding and open minded acceptance. Faced with a brand new member of the family, called the Beast, and not being an only child anymore, he just takes her hand and shows her what it is to enjoy a bit of childhood. His heart adopts It-666 almost like his father, without question.
- Wrath is a character which tells you how it is in his standards and will force you to them by any mean, without almost any regards for who you are. Raphael has a physical presence that can make you quiver and he knows it. He plays with it shamelessly like a cat on a mouse chase. He can make it as sweet or cruel for you depending on his plans, schemes and temper. Wrath is renown to have a very short temper, trying him is definitely a bad idea. He comes with strings attached. He is full of them. Worse, he is the leader of them: anyone he pulls can spell your doom or your blessing momentarily. Raphael as a puppet master could be all good if his mind would not switch in a nanosecond to an entire other direction. Raphael is frighteningly so impulsive yet it is also his main skill, quick thinking, acting fast, he kills anything in the bud before it can fester away.
- If Wrath was daunting enough, his henchman is even more unsettling. What can I say to bring justice to Azryel’s character? I absolutely adore writing him. Azryel Mortimer is a character which grew a life from my pages and into my own heart. If there was a fan T shirt, black with a big red heart in the middle saying: ‘I love Az’, I would wear it proudly with no shame at all. It is odd for an author to say that they are the first ‘groupie’ of their created characters but I can only admit that I am for this one.
- From all of Raphael’s Angels, Asha is one with a very kind heart and the patience of a true Angel. He will take the time to explain things to the lay human without being ordered to do so. He will offer his shoulders without being asked. Known as the ‘Philosopher’, he has a calm, poised and understanding attitude about him.
- We meet the character of Liz Arczy briefly in the first book. She then develops slowly but surely throughout the saga to a certain potency and consequence. Receptionist at the clinic of Gabriel, the red head human picked the interest by her quirky personality.
- What can I say about that character? That you will never be able to quite grasp The Tutor even with your best intentions and most clever brain cells fully switched on. Elusive yet fully on, it is a whimsical idea of God, a pure allegory.
- Nun Tess was the tough catholic sister who abducted the Beast at her birth on the 6th of June 1996 with Father Williamson. She is the one that took charge of her care up until It-666 was five years old. On the fifth birthday of the Beast, she was killed ruthlessly before her by men paid to abduct the child.
- Father Williamson is one instrumental character which changed fate by a simple trick up his sleeve: a curse. To be honest I do not let any readers know much about him at any stage in the saga. Although if we meet him again in book 3, he is still a short encounter, yet a vital one. However he is one of the main hero of the prequel trilogy to the Saga of the Beast.
- What can I say about that character? That you will never be able to quite grasp The Tutor even with your best intentions and most clever brain cells fully switched on. Elusive yet fully on, it is a whimsical idea of God, a pure allegory. I must confess that it is one of my hardest characters to write about. He is the Sum of all Souls. You may find him beguiling. You may find him intimidating for he is. However whenever he steps in, he brings immediate relief with his presence. However he is the one the Angels will seek out to resolve their issues and dilemmas. Daunting, mysterious, knowing more than he will reveal at any one time, talking almost with riddles and puzzles to work out, he is the hard core of entities.
- Wendy Workmaster is a character which is only mentioned here and there. Wendy is past, gone and dead yet remembered by many with a sore heart, especially her twin brother Walter and her fiancé Gabriel. How to describe Wendy? She was another little Walter, a pure Workmaster through and through. She could finish the sentence of her brother and he could finish hers. They would laugh and cry at the same time, at the very same things. Physically, she is a tomboy blond, the exact copy cat of her brother. Very pretty in understated ways, she grabbed the overwhelming attention of Archangel Gabriel.
- Cecile is the Au-pair girl of the Workmasters. We only encounter her briefly in the first book of the Saga. The French girl had been living with Caroline Workmaster and her son Michael to help out. The single Caroline is a busy doctor with irregular shifts which rendered an Au-pair girl invaluable. Cecile is reliable and her nice character is well liked by the entire family. She gets on well with everyone. Her responsibilities range from babysitting to picking up Micky from school, passing by helping him with his homework.
- Tango Charlie is a human character which only appear in the first book. CIA/security agent, code name Tango Charlie is one of the Service secret connections of Big Gab and his Uncle Raphael. However if Wrath uses the services of human secret agents with scarcity and sagacity, his nephew prefers using their services to soliciting the ones of the Angels of Raphael. On the part of Gabriel, you may call this pride, or an ongoing feud with Wrath which makes him reluctant to ever have to ask the elder Archangel for help.
- Mister ‘3’, ‘Santa Morte’, The Aryan, henchman Colt and Big Brother 4 are all humans at the service of Paul Peterson. They are all killers apart for Big Brother 4 who is the security watcher at ‘P’s’. They are all fearing the demonic politician. They will follow his orders to the letter to save literally their own skins and they will be ruthless about it.
- Well, here we arrive at a character which I kept in reserve for the last to be mentioned: Eremiel, the father of the Beast, aka, Evil. Fallen Archangel, the extremely handsome Eremiel is bad to an unsettling purity. He is the nasty piece of cake that the Angels have constantly faced for almost an eternity as their Arch-enemy. He ruled Hell for a long while, after being ‘fired’ by the Tutor and sent there, and after depositing Hades from his Hell throne, shortly afterwards. Eremiel is the evil character in It-666 Saga: we meet him in all the books written in one form or another. He is that undermining constant Being which wants none to have an ‘happy ever after’ apart from himself.
- You have just met the characters of the first book. You will meet more as the other books get published one after the other. I can tell you already that there is a crowd of characters in the universe of It-666. However you have just been introduced to the principal ones: It-666, Walter Workmaster, Azryel Mortimer, Raphael Wrath and Gabriel Purallee.