Finding It-666: the Beast
Tango Charlie is a human character which only appear in the first book. CIA/security agent, code name Tango Charlie is one of the Service secret connections of Big Gab and his Uncle Raphael. However if Wrath uses the services of human secret agents with scarcity and sagacity, his nephew prefers using their services to soliciting the ones of the Angels of Raphael. On the part of Gabriel, you may call this pride, or an ongoing feud with Wrath which makes him reluctant to ever have to ask the elder Archangel for help.
So in order to protect Walter Workmaster who by rescuing the Beast put himself and his family in grave danger, Gabriel pulled all his security agents connections on the case. Of course no words about the existence of It-666 were exchange with the humans agents, Gab used another excuse to enlist their help.
His will to use the humans rather than the Angels, put them into considerable risks and hazards. Tango Charlie’s fate is a result of that choice. He dies trying to save Micky from being abducted.
Transported in the clinic of Gabriel, he receives a miraculous intervention: his life is given back to him by the Death Angel who was harangued to do so by an adamant Workmaster who could not accept the death of the man who tried to protect his son. That scene is one of many between Walter Workmaster and Azryel. I relish writing those scenes between the argumentative man and the offstandish, standoffish Angel of Death. The human has a way to get into Az’s heart like no other. While the Angel has a way to bring up Walt to his Angelic level, slowly but surely, educating him.
If you will see more interactions between Az and Walt during the entire Saga, as they become strong partners to protect humanity and their loved ones, you will not hear about ‘Tango Charlie’ anymore.
He is just a minor character. Let’s meet him barely mentioned in passages:
The young It-666 looked piteously at herself but offered a smile and proposed, -Fight, I can't do much with my human shell right now, Gabriel said it will take three months for me to recover and be able to walk. However I have other ways to fight, which are a bit drastic in a poltergeist sort of way.
Raphael cocking his brows intrigued quizzed her,
-Pray would you mind demonstrating your way of fighting? For the bleeding walls and the flying bed were already quite a tasty appetizer.
Gabriel stood up straight away and intervened,
-No! No demonstration, no main course, especially in my clinic. I know what she can do roughly and let's not try that at home nor anywhere. I will not enjoy a freak show right now, knowing that Micky is in danger and we need to retrieve him fast. I say lets go immediately to P's bunker and break all their necks before they lift a finger to remove Micky's ones.
Azryel Mortimer grinned sarcastically commenting,
-Look whose talking! If it is not the very Archangel who let his very Archangelic little nephew down by giving him the security to be walked to school by a mere man and a young au-pair girl. Did it come to his mind that what men do most easily is dying? No of course not, for Archangel Gabriel likes using mankind in his dealings to keep a little away from being checked thoroughly by his own Angelic kind. It gives him the liberties to keep unusual lab rat like the quote 'Freak' to study and to experiment for himself his discoveries about the freaking powers that do exist, which he would like to possess, by trying them out on his mere human Guinea pigs, with devastating effects. Someone should not be called Archangel, nor Angel but a fallen one and should have his wings cut. For Gabriel, going into P's bunker all guns blazing, is not a good idea. Shall I re-educate you upon being a clever Angelic soldier, one that uses his brain rather than guts instincts? Gosh, I have my work cut out with you. I can't believe how easy it was for you to bow to me my dear Angel. However looking at your soul right now, I know how lost you are and feel.
(verse 28: About Embracing Death TrUst.)
Azryel ordered, -Gab, stop doing postmortem on Tango Charlie. Cecile is alive and need your full attention to get well: two broken arms, contusions, a cheek bone fractured, one eye is almost lost and in need of immediate attention.
Walter who stood by Azryel all along silently, put himself across the door as he saw him about to leave the room, and asked,
-What about Tango Charlie?
Az answered bluntly,
-Flat and dead. It was his time.
Workmaster shook his head negatively,
-It wasn’t! He was killed by the will of three men and their Mastermind. Do not tell me that their wills rule fate and the World and that whatever they decide to do will go pass unchecked. Do not tell me that their murderous will is granted as fate and accepted. For all can murder at will and fate does not exist but only free will. Bring that man back to life, give him back his chances, you and I, know that you can. Az, bring Tango Charlie back. He is a good solid man.Please, I beg of you to consider him.
Raphael’s henchman smiled ironically and pestered for himself, then out loud,
-Working upon Workmaster is an impossible task. Charlie Tango is a weakest link. His time did come. The man will be dead in any future endeavours. He has no future. Listen if you can, Walter.
Walter shook his head and pointed to the dead CIA agent,
-That man died for the life of my son, I want him alive and well. What about the rewriting of the Scriptures? My re-writing of them? It starts right now. If you can not deflect one man’s life course, how are you going to preserve the whole humanity from Evil and the Apocalypse? Are you going to do fate upon us all and bring Evil to pass as if it was said from high above and set in golden letters that cannot be changed? Or Are you going to use your own free will Angel and re-write it all with Us?
The Death Angel stood by the door shaking his head in a negative fashion before walking to the dead Charlie Tango. He put his hands upon the dead man’s chest, recalling him to the living. Cecile’s eyes blinked amazed before Gabriel sent her to a level of unconsciousness in which her recent memory would be erased. As he started to tend to her broken arms, he enjoined Azryel with a wicked smile in the angelic tongue,
-Workmaster’s way, where will it lead Us? I can take care of those two humans and Walt. Make sure you get to little Micky ASAP. Beware of Bambi. She is a hell of a girl. She seemed tamed but I do not know how tamed she is, or if she really is. But she is the real thing, I have her blood sample in my lab. Get to know a slab before going to get little Micky.
Azryel nodded, pulled Walter out of the room with him and asked,
-Happy? Charlie Tango will make it for another day.
-Just a day? I thought your powers were great. 'Apocalypse Now' it is, then.
Death turned to him and scolded,
-Walter, the man is due. Charlie Tango will not last long whatever I do. There are things your mind will not comprehend. The leeway to work upon them is very slim. I know the leeways but cannot abuse them. I abused one for Charlie Tango for I need to move on to fetch Micky before it is too late. Come, stay behind and look after Caroline, she is very distressed right now, and will be until I bring her son back and alive. I will secure Bambi throughout, do not worry about it. Raphael will make sure all of us, Micky, Bambi and I will come back in one piece. He is coming forward. In Angelic terms, it means he will reveal himself to humans. It also means he is the first warning.
Walter kept the fast stride of the Death Angel and asked worried when he reached It-666 containment room,
Azryel smiled to him sarcastically,
-Not now Workmaster. Long explanation to a human mind, yet alone an Atheist one. I will be there all night and I am needed elsewhere. Long kiss good night, wish me luck, wish that your son has not bled a single drop yet.
Walter grabbed the hand of the Angel and wished,
-With all my heart, go. I just wish what you are wishing. I do not know any better, Az. I will keep an eye on Caroline and provide her the shoulder she needs right now.
The Death Angel disappeared saying to him,
(verse 29: Speedy Recovery Company...)
The Compendium of Characters
- Book Dedication
- This comprehensive nomenclature will be ordered by the chronology of the published books and within it by the alphabetical order of the characters. Following the ‘Who’s Who’ of characters, you will find a ‘What’s what’ section, a list of created or combined words with their meanings. There are a fair few occasions where I applied this poetic license to fit closely to the heartbeat of the story or a particular individual within it. The last sections are the peep-holes to the future publications relating to those stories, spin-offs, prequels or next instalments to look forward to. It will offer the tangible glimpse of what is coming next or what happened before.
- Published the 21st of October 2014, this short story was born like many of my stories within the midst of a nightmare. I remember still vividly hearing some chilling noises, some eerie music, sad laughter, stuck in the darkness of a long box. I pushed the door open to realise that I was in my coffin. A cowardly glance outside revealed a hilly cemetery, a moonlight night and other corpses rising from their graves, some dragging others to do so. I was freaked enough at the sight to lay back in the safe darkness, thinking that it must be a bad dream and that it will all pass. But someone saw me, someone recognised me, called my name out loud and opened my coffin lid wide open. In front of that half decomposed cadaver, my heart seemed to fail to beat any longer. I closed my eyes of fright and I woke up in my bed safe and well. I was not exposed in a coffin, exhibited to other dead people, I was in my bedroom with for only witness, my black cat Mystic blinking her yellow eyes at me peacefully from the other pillow.
- It-666’s story can not be told in one sentence not even in one book. It has a fateful spin to it which will last for as long as it is meant to last. It is determined.
- The ex-wife of Walter Workmaster is the human and younger sister of the incarnated Gabriel Purallee and the mother of the incarnated Michael. In Angelic terms, she is a very special person chosen to carry one or more Angels back to their incarnated form. Did she knew about it? She had no clue at all. She had no conception that her son, brother and uncle are Archangels until she stumbles upon an Angelic meeting led by Raphael at his AA club in the middle of the night.
- We meet ‘It’ at the start of the saga, aged 16, in an appalling state. Kept in a cage, starved, tortured, left in her own mess, the teenager has only one wish, the one of dying. Representing all we fear, the incarnated Beast, is a young distressed Being. She had far from the most enjoyable start in life.
- Gabriel plays a very important character in the saga. We meet him in the first book as incarnated Doctor Gabriel Purallee. Strangely enough that ambivalent Angel is the one that all turns to for some sort of stability. His clinic and his house serve as a refuge, the safe haven where one can hide to stay alive.
- We meet Michael, age eight, called Micky by all. This important Archangel has only recently incarnated once more and his human childhood makes him be temporally at a vulnerable stage. However he was given parents of choice in Walter and Caroline. Both are nurturing and loving him to bits. Like the Beast, this character is at an early stage at the start of the saga. Unlike her, he was provided with a loving childhood, which makes him a very happy, bouncy kid Being. He has bags of tenderness for everyone which he wears on his sleeve. From his currant human parents, he gathers that loving understanding and open minded acceptance. Faced with a brand new member of the family, called the Beast, and not being an only child anymore, he just takes her hand and shows her what it is to enjoy a bit of childhood. His heart adopts It-666 almost like his father, without question.
- Wrath is a character which tells you how it is in his standards and will force you to them by any mean, without almost any regards for who you are. Raphael has a physical presence that can make you quiver and he knows it. He plays with it shamelessly like a cat on a mouse chase. He can make it as sweet or cruel for you depending on his plans, schemes and temper. Wrath is renown to have a very short temper, trying him is definitely a bad idea. He comes with strings attached. He is full of them. Worse, he is the leader of them: anyone he pulls can spell your doom or your blessing momentarily. Raphael as a puppet master could be all good if his mind would not switch in a nanosecond to an entire other direction. Raphael is frighteningly so impulsive yet it is also his main skill, quick thinking, acting fast, he kills anything in the bud before it can fester away.
- If Wrath was daunting enough, his henchman is even more unsettling. What can I say to bring justice to Azryel’s character? I absolutely adore writing him. Azryel Mortimer is a character which grew a life from my pages and into my own heart. If there was a fan T shirt, black with a big red heart in the middle saying: ‘I love Az’, I would wear it proudly with no shame at all. It is odd for an author to say that they are the first ‘groupie’ of their created characters but I can only admit that I am for this one.
- From all of Raphael’s Angels, Asha is one with a very kind heart and the patience of a true Angel. He will take the time to explain things to the lay human without being ordered to do so. He will offer his shoulders without being asked. Known as the ‘Philosopher’, he has a calm, poised and understanding attitude about him.
- We meet the character of Liz Arczy briefly in the first book. She then develops slowly but surely throughout the saga to a certain potency and consequence. Receptionist at the clinic of Gabriel, the red head human picked the interest by her quirky personality.
- What can I say about that character? That you will never be able to quite grasp The Tutor even with your best intentions and most clever brain cells fully switched on. Elusive yet fully on, it is a whimsical idea of God, a pure allegory.
- Nun Tess was the tough catholic sister who abducted the Beast at her birth on the 6th of June 1996 with Father Williamson. She is the one that took charge of her care up until It-666 was five years old. On the fifth birthday of the Beast, she was killed ruthlessly before her by men paid to abduct the child.
- Father Williamson is one instrumental character which changed fate by a simple trick up his sleeve: a curse. To be honest I do not let any readers know much about him at any stage in the saga. Although if we meet him again in book 3, he is still a short encounter, yet a vital one. However he is one of the main hero of the prequel trilogy to the Saga of the Beast.
- What can I say about that character? That you will never be able to quite grasp The Tutor even with your best intentions and most clever brain cells fully switched on. Elusive yet fully on, it is a whimsical idea of God, a pure allegory. I must confess that it is one of my hardest characters to write about. He is the Sum of all Souls. You may find him beguiling. You may find him intimidating for he is. However whenever he steps in, he brings immediate relief with his presence. However he is the one the Angels will seek out to resolve their issues and dilemmas. Daunting, mysterious, knowing more than he will reveal at any one time, talking almost with riddles and puzzles to work out, he is the hard core of entities.
- Wendy Workmaster is a character which is only mentioned here and there. Wendy is past, gone and dead yet remembered by many with a sore heart, especially her twin brother Walter and her fiancé Gabriel. How to describe Wendy? She was another little Walter, a pure Workmaster through and through. She could finish the sentence of her brother and he could finish hers. They would laugh and cry at the same time, at the very same things. Physically, she is a tomboy blond, the exact copy cat of her brother. Very pretty in understated ways, she grabbed the overwhelming attention of Archangel Gabriel.
- Cecile is the Au-pair girl of the Workmasters. We only encounter her briefly in the first book of the Saga. The French girl had been living with Caroline Workmaster and her son Michael to help out. The single Caroline is a busy doctor with irregular shifts which rendered an Au-pair girl invaluable. Cecile is reliable and her nice character is well liked by the entire family. She gets on well with everyone. Her responsibilities range from babysitting to picking up Micky from school, passing by helping him with his homework.
- Tango Charlie is a human character which only appear in the first book. CIA/security agent, code name Tango Charlie is one of the Service secret connections of Big Gab and his Uncle Raphael. However if Wrath uses the services of human secret agents with scarcity and sagacity, his nephew prefers using their services to soliciting the ones of the Angels of Raphael. On the part of Gabriel, you may call this pride, or an ongoing feud with Wrath which makes him reluctant to ever have to ask the elder Archangel for help.
- Mister ‘3’, ‘Santa Morte’, The Aryan, henchman Colt and Big Brother 4 are all humans at the service of Paul Peterson. They are all killers apart for Big Brother 4 who is the security watcher at ‘P’s’. They are all fearing the demonic politician. They will follow his orders to the letter to save literally their own skins and they will be ruthless about it.
- Well, here we arrive at a character which I kept in reserve for the last to be mentioned: Eremiel, the father of the Beast, aka, Evil. Fallen Archangel, the extremely handsome Eremiel is bad to an unsettling purity. He is the nasty piece of cake that the Angels have constantly faced for almost an eternity as their Arch-enemy. He ruled Hell for a long while, after being ‘fired’ by the Tutor and sent there, and after depositing Hades from his Hell throne, shortly afterwards. Eremiel is the evil character in It-666 Saga: we meet him in all the books written in one form or another. He is that undermining constant Being which wants none to have an ‘happy ever after’ apart from himself.
- You have just met the characters of the first book. You will meet more as the other books get published one after the other. I can tell you already that there is a crowd of characters in the universe of It-666. However you have just been introduced to the principal ones: It-666, Walter Workmaster, Azryel Mortimer, Raphael Wrath and Gabriel Purallee.